Skip to Main Content

Accessing Library Resources After Graduation or Leaving UWRF

Leaving UWRF? Check out our guide about your access to library resources after you leave.

What Happens After I Leave/Graduate/Retire?

Due to binding legal agreements with vendors, we cannot provide remote/off campus electronic access to our resources to those who have left or graduated (except for faculty or staff who have received emeriti or honored retiree status). Student access ends on the last day of classes unless the student is enrolled for the next semester.

If an undergraduate student needs temporary, very short-term access due to an emergency or Incomplete, please fill out the Extended Access Request Form for Students. Please note that it can take DOTS 1-2 business days to turn on this access once approved. This form is only intended for temporary access; work on research projects or theses while not enrolled is not covered by this form.

Graduate students must be enrolled in a graduate-level course of at least one credit during each term (fall, spring or summer) in which the student requires access to these services, including the term in which the student intends to graduate. For more information please visit the Graduate Policies and Procedures website. Students may enroll in UNIV 759 for a fee. See more information here

If you would like to use any of our electronic resources, access is available in person at the Chalmer Davee Library via the public computer kiosks near the library front desk. These computers are marked with a brightly colored tag and do not require a login to use.

Community users (those are not currently enrolled or employed at UWRF) may check out physical materials by purchasing a Community Borrower Card for an annual fee of $20.  Please present a current form of ID at the Circulation Desk to obtain a Community Borrower Card. Click this link for more information. 

Database, Journal, and Articles Access

Leaving UWRF? Still want access to research databases, journals, and articles? Many of our most popular databases like Academic Search Premier are available through state-funded collections.

Both websites allow access based upon your location, but you may need to use a public library card to log on (especially if you live on the MN/WI border). Please contact your local public library for assistance with library cards or with any questions you have accessing those resources.

If you live outside of Wisconsin and Minnesota, please check with your local public library to learn more about electronic resources available in your area.


Free and Open Access Resources