You can search the library collection using Search@UW.
Remember, just because a book is marked with "Use Get it to Request" doesn't mean that you won't be able to use it. That just means you have to sign in and click on the "Request a Copy" link.
Some suggested topics: teaching transitions, classroom routines, classroom rules, consequences, parent/teacher conferences, classroom expectations, classroom discipline, rewards/reinforcement, STEP program, open meeting, educational psychology, achievement motivation, social psychology, learning psychology of, adolescent psychology, cognitive learning, child psychology, motivation in education, emotional intelligence, teaching psychological aspects, students psychology, cognitive styles, behavior modification, educational tests and measurements, parent-teacher communication, classroom routines, classroom rules, consequences, classroom expectations, classroom prompts, classroom signals.
You may also want to add your preferred age-group (e.g., elementary or secondary or kindergarten), but Search at UW does not limit to grade levels very well, unlike the database ERIC in the Databases A-Z menu.
Here are some suggested authors and/or titles that may be of interest:
- Ruth Charney, Teaching children to care : classroom management for ethical and academic growth, K-8
- Rudolph Dreikurs, Natural Consequences
- Jane Nelson, Positive Discipline
- Lee Canter, Assertive Discipline
- Books by Rudolph Dreikurs, William Glasser.
- Wong & Wong, The first days of school : how to be an effective teacher
CLASSROOM SIGNALS, PROMPTS, CUES:
- Mark Boynton & Christine Boynton, The educator’s guide to preventing and solving discipline problems
- Marzano, Classroom Instruction that Works (Main Stacks) LB1025.3 .M339 2001
- Peg Dawson, Smart But Scattered
- Peg Dawson, Executing Skills in Children and Adolescents
- Marilyn L. Page, You can't teach until everyone is listening : 6 simple steps to preventing disorder, disruption, and general mayhem
-Sharrocky Hollie, Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Thomas M. Haladyna, Essentials of standardized achievement testing : validity and accountability
- Jim Fay, Positive Communications
- Joyce Epstein, School, family, and community partnerships : your handbook for action
- Paula Denton, First Six Weeks of School
To limit to books that we have in the library and ebooks that we own, pick "Books and Media @ UWRF from the drop down to the right of the main search box.